Age of Empires 2 Free Download Full Version With crack & patch
When talking about strategy games Age of Empires II has to be one of the most played of all time. It was first released in 1997 and it has been growing ever since. There are over ten different titles, but all of them have something in common: you are in command of a civilization and you are responsible for making it thrive and conquer. The storylines are based on history and cover almost 10,000 years starting from the Stone Age.
The second installment of this game (The Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings) comes with new maps and other added features. You can choose between playing on your own (against the computer) or be joining in a multiplayer experience that will let you test your skills as a leader of any of the civilizations included in the game, 13 in total. This version covers a historic period that goes from the fall of the Roman Empire up to the Middle Ages.
age of empires 2 crack
Years after the release of the original one an HD version was created just for Steam. This means that it includes new features like the possibility of adding content created by you or others from the Steam Workshop.
Of course, this is not a newly released game and as such you might find its graphics and some features a bit dated, but if you can dismiss that you’ll surely spend quite a few hours discovering and enjoying its possibilities. Also, a piece of good news in that respect, Microsoft just announced it will release renewed versions of Age of Empires II and III. This will surely bring back some of the old fans eager to get a firsthand view and find out if they have indeed improved on the classic games.
- Don’t rely solely on combat and confrontation; you can also use diplomacy to help your civilization advance.
- Use trade as an economy boosting alternative. Engage in commercial exchanges that work to your advantage.
- Each civilization has distinctive architecture and technology. Find out what sets them apart and learn the particulars of each one, like their different forms of combat.
- It includes maps of the real world.
- Great multiplayer experience.
- Be one with history, choose one of the campaigns that are based on historical characters and walk in the shoes of the likes of Genghis Khan or William Wallace.
- There are many ways to play and win the game; there is even a pacifist option. You don’t have to exterminate anyone to win; you just need to complete a wonder before everyone else does.
- The HD version of the game includes options that are Steam specific like access to features from the workshop or matchmaking.
For the PC version of the game you’re required to have the following:
- Windows XP or later.
- At least 1GB of available RAM.
- DirectX 9.0
- 2GB of available hard disk space for the install.
- A processor with speed 1.2 GHz or higher.
As with almost everything else in life, the price depends on the vendor. The PC version of Age of Empire II: The Age of Kings sells for USD 24.99. You can also get the gold edition of the game (also for PC) for USD 33.99.
- It’s a great real-time strategy game. You will find yourself learning the particulars of every civilization to use it in your favor.
- There isn’t just one way to play or win it, you can find different alternatives depending on the civilization you’re playing with and the style of play that you choose.
- With the release of the HD version, which was released for Steam, you can take advantage of some features as matchmaking.
- When you compare it to more recently released games, you’ll find that the graphics look really dated.
As it happens with games that have been around for so long and that have such a massive fan base, this is one of the cult games around. A leader on its category and also among games in general, this might not be the most recent version (Age of Empires III was also released) but you can still find people developing modes for this one. The fact that the mere announcement that a “remastered” version would be released raises so much interest should give you an idea of how popular this game really is.
Granted, it doesn’t have the best graphics around, especially considering how far we’ve come in that respect in recent years. Also, there have been complaints about bugs in the first releases, but if you can get passed all of that you will find that this is a very enjoyable and entertaining game that will provide hours of fun while wiping out entire civilizations on the way.
An appealing feature that was included in this release was being able to take on the persona of a historic character. Wouldn’t you like to lead your troops as William Wallace? That is just one of the options that you get. Also in this version the more diplomatic pacifist gameplay; you can win by using your engineering abilities and finishing a wonder before everyone else instead of just vanishing them from the face of the Earth. You can even use your trading capabilities to win games, so it’s not only about pure military power; there are different nuances that will make every playing session different from the one before.
As we mentioned above, a new version of this game is on the works. This is the kind of things that happen when you have a product that even years after its original release maintains its following. Now you have a choice, if you have never played before, you can either get started with the original version or wait for the new one and find out what Microsoft will do to give this beloved game a refreshed look. This move will sure make it current again and we will have Age of Empires II for years to come.